I have loved everything related to beauty way before I got interested in fashion. Therefore, I decided to create a beauty related post. By beauty, I mean everything related the feet, the nails, and skin care. Skin and its health are affected by genetics, environment and lifestyle. We get some of our skin related problems from our parents, our hormones, the environment we live in (pollution and dirt affect the health of our skin and what we consume (food, alcohol, cigarettes, lack of sleep, and the amount of sugar we consume).
1) Important Steps
· Clean: Clean your face twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. With time, what your skin needs will vary and you will have to adapt the products you use to your age.
· Exfoliate: Once a week exfoliate both your face and your body
· Hydrate/ Moisturize: (I used to moisturize as many as four times a day during the winter)
· Coconut Oil: Use it as a moisturizer and as a replacement to your skin lotion.
· Olive Oil: Use it as a moisturizer and as a replacement to your skin lotion.
· Brown and White Sugar: Mix it with olive oil or coconut oil to create a face/body scrub.
· Coffee: Use it to get rid of cellulite .Mix coffee grounds with some essential oils (Coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil…)and scrub the areas that needs to be treated.
It can also be used as a facial scrub. Mix some coffee grounds, some olive oil and some sugar or salt (for the exfoliating beads).
· Cinnamon: topical application of cinnamon helps to get rid of pimples, eczema and other skin infections (benefitsofcinnamon.com)
· Clay: used as a mask it help getting rid of acne
· Honey: Reduce the appearance of adult acne scars
· Apple Cider Vinegar: Help detoxify the skin. Apply on dark spot on face to correct hyperpigmentation: Mix with water and apply as a toner. (Be careful not to put too much of it may burn your skin and your eyes)
· Lemon: (Undeniably my favorite!) Rich in vitamin C. Clear skin/ Decreases wrinkles/
Use to whiten teeth/ apply directly on the face to get rid of blackheads/
· Eggs: Spread egg whites under your eyes to reduce puffiness/ great remedy for oily skin when applied as a mask/ use as a mask to repair damaged hair
· Avocado: Nourishes hair. Make a mask by adding some avocado to some olive oil and some eggs. Wrap your hair in a towel and/or a cap to lock up warmth. Leave on for 30 minutes (at least) and wash.